Practice Areas & Industries
Multifaceted Representation In Transportation Matters
Lashly & Baer, P.C provides effective representation of transportation and logistics companies and their insurers in all aspects of personal injury, property damage, cargo claims, contract disputes and insurance coverage.
The nature of the claims brought against the transportation and logistics industry, and its regulatory scheme, is truly unique from a legal perspective. This area requires lawyers to be particularly knowledgeable with the myriad of laws, regulations, and current issues facing the industry. Our attorneys assist clients in navigating and complying with these rules and regulations to enhance safety and to defend against claims of negligent hiring, retention, entrustment, training and supervision. Our team keeps informed on current issues facing the industry and have extensive experience in litigating complex claims against trucking companies, brokers, shippers and truck drivers.
We have a dedicated Rapid Response Team that provides comprehensive emergency response and crisis management services in catastrophic accidents, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We utilize trusted experts to assist with accident reconstruction, computer simulations and animations, human factors, trucking industry standards, bio-mechanics, toxicology, medical and psychological concerns, and analysis of economic damage and impact.
In addition, we routinely represent insurance companies and related entities of the trucking and logistics industry which face claims involving extra contractual indemnity exposure or bad faith.
Our attorneys also help clients navigate the complex and varied contractual agreements used in the transportation and logistics industry, including broker-carrier contracts, shipper-carrier contracts, owner-operator agreements, commercial leases, non-disclosure and non-solicitation agreements, liability waivers, and much more. We assist in reviewing and negotiating transportation agreements, and assist in identifying issues and negotiating favorable terms, and represent clients when disputes arise.
Lashly & Baer’s Transportation and Logistics Group’s members are also leaders and involved in organizations such as the USLAW Network, Transportation Lawyers Association (TLA), Defense Research Institute (DRI), Transportation Industry Defense Association (TIDA), and American Bar Association (ABA), to name a few.
We regularly handle the following legal issues for our clients:
- Accident reconstruction
- Accident avoidance systems
- Accidents due to defective products
- Automobile liability
- Autonomous vehicles and
- Broker-Carrier contracts
- Breach of contract
- Breach of insurance claims
- Cargo claims
- Carmack claims
- Catastrophic injury and death claims
- Common carrier law
- Common carrier liability law
- Commercial vehicle leases
- Computer simulations and animations
- Department of Transportation violations
- Driver fatigue
- Drug/alcohol use by drivers
- Electronic Control Module (ECM) and Accident Data Recorder (ADR) retrieval
- Excessive/inadequate speed
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR)
- Freight claims
- Freight loss and damage
- Highway design defect
- Human factors
- Insurance Coverage Disputes
- Insurance Bad Faith Claims
- Interstate commerce
- Interstate motor carrier’s liability for loss
- Intrastate and interstate cargo claims
- Medical, psychological, and economic damages
- Motor carrier defense
- Motor carrier law
- Motor carrier liability
- Motor carrier regulation
- Negligent hiring, retention, entrustment, training and supervision claims
- Owner-Operator Agreements
- Personal injury claims involving Department of Transportation violations
- Property damage
- Rapid response investigations
- Reinsurance issues
- Reckless or inattentive drivers
- Shipper-Carrier contracts
- Truck accidents
- Trucking law
- Trucking liability
- Wrongful death
To discuss these matters with our firm, call Kevin Fritz at 314-436-8309 or Patrick Foppe at 314-398-5642.
Plan Your Visit
Lashly & Baer, P.C.
ST. LOUIS OFFICE
20 East Main Street
Belleville, IL 62220
Map & Directions
By Appointment Only