Carolyn M. Kopsky represents individuals, hospitals, businesses and governmental agencies – both as defendants and plaintiffs – in various types of lawsuits that have involved construction, banking, contracts and insurance. She has also successfully briefed issues before the Missouri Court of Appeals, the Illinois Appellate Court, the Missouri Supreme Court and the Eight Circuit Court of Appeals.
Ms. Kopsky engages in litigation on behalf of individuals hurt in accidents, medical care providers who have licensing and tax issues with the State and breach of contract actions. She has been instrumental in researching and successfully briefing issues that have resulted in favorable new law for the firm’s clients.
Carolyn earned her J.D. from Saint Louis University School of Law.
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating
- State ex rel. Nixon v. American Tobacco Co., Inc., 34 S.W.3d 122, 2000, Missouri Court of Appeals, 2000640895
- City of St. Louis v. American Tobacco Co., Inc., 70 F.Supp.2d 1008, 1999, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri, 1999228139
- Johnson v. Cowell Steel Structures, Inc., 991 F.2d 474, 1993, 8th Cir., 1993087140
- Bartlett v. Bi-State Development Agency, 827 S.W.2d 267, 1992, Missouri Court of Appeals, 1992070445
- State ex rel. Riley v. McHenry, 801 S.W.2d 779, 1991, 8th Cir., 1991018532
- Gerald Harris Builder v. Jomac Construction, 927F.2d 1067, 1991, 8th Cir., 1991053790
- Freeman v. Basso, 128 S.W.3d 138 (Mo. Ct. App. S.D. 2004)
- Hendricks v. Pacific Fire Protection Dist., 126 S.W.3d 767 (Mo. Ct. App. E.D. 2003)
- Community Care Center of Lemay v. Missouri Health, 92 S.W.3d 232 (Mo. Ct. App. W.D. 2002)
- In Re Gerald Harris Builder, 927 F.2d 1067 (8th Cir. 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1988
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri, 1986
- Supreme Court of Missouri, 1986
- Supreme Court of Illinois, 1987
- Saint Louis University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- J.D. – 00/1986
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Missouri, Columbia, MO
- B.S. – 00/1983
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Finance
- American Bar Association, 1986
- The Missouri Bar, 1986
- The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, 1987
- St. Louis County Bar Association
- Volunteer Lawyers Program
- Lashly & Baer, P.C.
Member, 1993 – Present
Associate, 1986 – 1992