Practice Areas & Industries
Resolving Matters Surrounding Educational Institutions
Operating educational institutions involves much more than teaching. Public and private systems are regularly confronted with a host of legal challenges, including employment issues, financing, student issues, procurement, real estate, election matters, government issues and litigation.
Meeting these legal challenges is what the attorneys at Lashly & Baer, P.C. have excelled at since 1972. Our education attorneys have more than 100 years of combined experience with solving the kinds of issues schools face every day. We have served as general counsel and special counsel for limited engagements to scores of school districts and educational institutions. Our proven legal capabilities are evident as we serve as general counsel to the largest school district in St. Louis County, Missouri.
When educational institutions call us with questions, we don’t make them wait for answers. Lashly & Baer, P.C. provides timely insight and legal guidance to school board members, school administrators, principals and teachers. We regularly present new laws and findings at seminars for our clients, and at conferences sponsored by state educational organizations and national educational associations.
Our education attorneys have been active members of the following:
- The Labor and Employment and State and Local Government Law Sections of the American Bar Association
- Court and administrative agency advisory committees
- Education Law Association
- Missouri School Boards Association
- Missouri Association of School Business Officials
- Municipal Bond Attorneys of the United States
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- National Association of Public Pension Attorneys
- National School Boards Association
- Worldwide Employee Benefits Network
To discuss a legal matter with our experienced staff, contact us online or at 314-621-2939. We have an office in St. Louis, Missouri, as well as an appointment-only office in Belleville, Illinois.