Practice Areas & Industries
Representing Professionals Across Various Industries
At Lashly & Baer, P.C. we realize that even the most ethical and professional organizations and health care providers and institutions are sued for malpractice and are forced to defend professional liability actions. There’s more on the line than just your business: Your hard-earned reputation is at stake as well.
We recognize that professional liability actions are unavoidable costs of doing business. Rest assured: Our attorneys defend these claims with experience and specialized knowledge of the law of malpractice and the nature of the targeted profession.
Lashly & Baer, P.C. has been named to the 2019 Best Law Firms by U.S. News & World Report. The firm earned top marks in the St. Louis region in Health Care Law, Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants, and Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants.
Experienced, Dedicated Counsel In Professional Liability Matters
Defense of malpractice claims has been central to our litigation practice from day one. We are experienced defense counsel, committed to the effective and efficient preparation of our clients’ cases. We have an outstanding success rate on behalf of accountants, architects, attorneys and health care providers (including hospitals, nursing homes, physicians, nurses and dentists). This success has also carried over to municipal officials, police officers and school officials.
Our attorneys are recognized throughout the health care industry as leaders in their field, and many have served as speakers in area health education programs. Some of our attorneys hold advanced degrees in health care and are registered nurses. Plus, one of our attorneys was the first in St. Louis to be certified as a health care mediator by the American Health Lawyers Association.
With this background in place, we have the practical knowledge and proven experience to help protect you and your organization.
Our professional liability attorneys have been active members of the following:
- Litigation Section of the American Bar Association
- International Association of Insurance Counsel
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- American Association for Justice
- Defense Research Institute, Inc.
- American Nurses Association
- The American Association of Nurse Attorneys
- American Society of Law, Medicine and Ethics
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Missouri Society of Health Care Attorneys
- Missouri Society of Certified Public Accountants
- St. Louis Association of Healthcare Risk Managers
- Court and administrative agency advisory committees