Practice Areas & Industries
Resolving Labor Issues In Missouri And Throughout The Region
Lashly & Baer, P.C., has comprehensive experience in representing and advising public and private employers in traditional labor matters under the National Labor Relations Act, Railway Labor Act, and state meet and confer laws.
We’re more than a law firm. We’re also your partner in drafting and implementing effective union avoidance programs, union organizing campaigns and negotiating collective bargaining agreements. Plus, we represent clients before the National Labor Relations Board and National Mediation Board on objections to elections (includes pre- and post-election conduct, and in unfair labor practice proceedings).
If you have questions, we have answers to labor law issues such as defeating secondary boycotts, negotiating/implementing project labor agreements, Davis-Bacon and Service Contract Acts and wage determinations. We also defend employers in labor arbitrations and provide legal advice regarding strikes and in obtaining state and federal court injunctions.
A Wide Scope Of Representation
We regularly handle the following legal issues for our clients:
- Collective bargaining and contract administration
- Department of Transportation compliance
- Labor and employment issues related to the sale of a business, work relocations, mergers and acquisitions
- OSHA violations and investigations
- Representation before the National Labor Relations Board
- State wage and employment-related issues, including unemployment compensation
- Strikes, picketing and labor contract violation (counseling and litigation)
- Union avoidance strategies
- Union organizing campaigns
- Wage and hour audits