Practice Areas & Industries
Helping Clients Navigate Tax Exemptions
In the last 10 years, the field of public finance has changed dramatically. The laws governing tax exemption of debt instruments have become increasingly intricate. This has made it necessary to develop new approaches to structuring transactions in order to deal with these complexities.
These are the kind of changes and complexities the tax-exempt and taxable finance practice at Lashly & Baer, P.C., deals with 24/7. We have a reputation for being an authority in this legal field. This is why we constantly serve in various private placement and public offering transactions as bond counsel, underwriters’ counsel, lenders’ counsel, and counsel for corporate obligors or real estate developers.
We regularly address the following legal issues for our clients:
- Airport revenue, exempt facility, general obligation, industrial review, pollution control and special obligation bonds
- Certificates of participation
- Conduit or pass-through financing for housing facilities
- Credit enhancement
- Energy savings obligation
- Hospital, leasehold revenue and housing bonds
- Lease and structured debt financing
- Lease to service contracts
- Leveraged and synthetic equipment leasing
- Private placement and public sale
- Private purpose financings
- Public purpose financings for state agencies and authorities, counties, cities, school districts, special purpose districts and municipal nonprofit corporations and authorities
- Refinancing and refunding
- Revenue anticipation notes
- Structured multi-tiered public and private financing packages involving public money, private debt and equity financing
- Tax-exempt and tax-advantaged financing structures
Our qualified attorneys can outline your options and help you move forward with any issues related to tax exemptions and taxable finance. To discuss, call us at 314-621-2939 or use the contact form. Our primary office is in St. Louis, Missouri, with an appointment-only office in Belleville, Illinois.