Practice Areas & Industries
Assisting With School Finance And Election Matters
Educational institutions give us a vote of confidence when dealing with all facets of election laws and the legal issues for financing.
For more than 50 years, educational institutions have trusted Lashly & Baer, P.C. for every virtually facet of election law. In fact, we’ve set the standard in several landmark cases. Similarly, clients rely on us to solve legal issues concerning documenting bond transactions and financing large projects. We know the law, as well as the state funding formula. But most importantly, we know how to get deals done.
We have a lot in common with our clients. Educational Institutions are mission-driven; so are we.
We regularly handle the following legal issues for our clients:
- Advocational versus informational election material
- Arbitrage rebate
- Alternative funding sources
- Ballot language
- Borrowing authority
- Campaign laws
- Categorical state funding
- Certificates of participation
- Court orders to add, delete or modify bond issues, tax levies and school board member elections
- Elections and ballot measures relating to funding
- Federal and state grants
- Financial disclosure matters
- Foundation formula
- General obligation bond issues
- Leasehold revenue bond issues
- Missouri Ethics Commission complaints
- Proposition C
- Tax abatement
- Tax anticipation notes
- Tax increment financing
- Tax levy implementation and related issues
- Timely and proper ballot certification
- Transportation funding
- Use of public funds for advocacy
- Use of public monies
- Voter approval
Reach Out To Us Today
- To discuss any of these matters with our lawyers, contact us at 314-621-2939 or use the online contact form.
Plan Your Visit
Lashly & Baer, P.C.
ST. LOUIS OFFICE
20 East Main Street
Belleville, IL 62220
Map & Directions
By Appointment Only