Allison Scime Ringwald focuses her practice primarily in the representation of governmental and public institutions, with a particular emphasis on contractual matters and education law. Allison’s experience includes the drafting and interpretation of professional service agreements, lease agreements and cooperative agreements between political subdivisions, preparing ordinances and resolutions for a variety of governmental entities, and advising public entities as to the scope of their legal authority. She has advised education clients on issues related to student records, religion in schools, employment practices and policy development.
Ms. Ringwald recognizes that local and regional governmental institutions play an important role in our democratic society and seeks to help clients perform at their best by providing proactive guidance and practical solutions to address the complex challenges they face.
Allison received her J.D., magna cum laude, from Saint Louis University School of Law, where she is a member of the Order of the Woolsack. While in law school, she served as the Lead Executive Editor of the Saint Louis University Public Law Review and received the Excellence in Journals Award. She also earned Academic Excellence Awards in Education Law, Commercial Transactions, and Bankruptcy. Prior to joining Lashly & Baer, Allison worked as part of the contract specialist team at Saint Louis University in drafting and negotiating research agreements between the University and external sponsors.
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- The Missouri Bar
- Missouri Municipal League
- Missouri School Board Association
- National Council of School Attorneys
- Lecturer, “Student Discipline Under the First Amendment,” Missouri School Boards’ Association, September 29, 2018, Lake of the Ozarks, MO
- Lecturer, “Student Residency & Enrollment,” Missouri School Boards’ Association Annual Conference, October 7, 2017, Lake of the Ozarks, MO
- Government & Public Agencies
- Business & Corporate
- Supreme Court of Missouri, 2016
- Supreme Court of Illinois, 2017
- Saint Louis University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- J.D., magna cum laude, 2016
- Honors: Order of the Woolsack, 1843 Scholar, and Academic Excellence Awards in Education Law, Commercial Transactions, and Bankruptcy
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Illinois
- B.S., High Honors, Recreation, Sports, and Tourism Management, 2013
- Lashly & Baer, P.C.
Associate, 2016 – Present
- Saint Louis University
Contract Specialist Intern, 2014 – 2016