Practice Areas & Industries
Business & Corporate Law
Government & Public Agencies
Labor & Employment
Personal Injury & Product Liability
Handling Tax Matters For Businesses Across The Region
Tax issues are vital in deciding the best organizational structure for a new business and in structuring business transactions. Our tax lawyers advise clients in all areas of tax law. These areas include qualifying for investment tax credits, maximizing non-taxed proceeds in mergers and acquisitions, and minimizing the total taxes to a business and its owner from ongoing operations.
At Lashly & Baer, P.C., our attorneys are knowledgeable in all areas of federal and state tax practice, including individual, commercial and business planning; estate planning and administration; tax-exempt organizations; real estate; and domestic relations. In addition to tax planning and the analysis of tax issues, we provide counsel and representation for taxpayers in connection with audits, administrative appeals and litigation involving federal, state and local taxes.
Members of the firm have held leadership positions in many professional associations. Two of our lawyers, Rhonda A, O’Brien and Christopher D. Castellanos, hold masters of law degrees in taxation.
Put Tax Matters To Rest
We regularly address the following legal issues for our clients:
- Like-kind exchanges
- Certificates of participation
- Individual income tax matters
- Charitable entities supporting government institutions
- Corporate income tax matters
- Tax matters with respect to pass-through entities (i.e. partnerships, limited liability companies and S corporations)
- Employment tax matters
- Tax planning for incentive stock options
- Installment sales
- Tax aspects of business restructurings, taxable and tax-free mergers, acquisitions, spin-offs, liquidations and stock redemptions
- Tax aspects of entity formation and operation
- Methods to postpone taxation of benefits
- Non-qualified deferred compensation arrangements
- Tax planning for non-qualified stock options
- Payroll and withholding issues
- Sales tax, gross receipts and license tax matters
- Tax audits
- Tax appeals and litigation
- Tax-exempt and charitable organizations
- Tax-exempt and organizational determination letters and ongoing compliance
To discuss these matters with our firm, contact us or call 314-621-2939 to schedule an appointment. We have offices in St. Louis, Missouri, and Belleville, Illinois.