William J. Magrath concentrates his practice in medical professional defense and general civil litigation. Bill has over 30 years of experience defending a wide variety of health care providers throughout Missouri. His trial experience also includes handling products, automobile and premises liability cases and general commercial disputes. In addition to his jury trial experience, Bill has participated in Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) proceedings including arbitration and mediation.
Bill is admitted to practice in Missouri, Illinois, the Eastern District of Missouri and the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals. He is a member of the Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers, the Illinois and Missouri Bar Associations, and the Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis.
- Medical Professional Defense Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri
- Supreme Court of Missouri
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- Saint Louis University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- J.D. – 1992
- Upsala College, East Orange, New Jersey
- B.A. – 1987
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: National Dean’s List, 1985-1987
- Honors: Member, Upsala Honors Program
- The Missouri Bar
- Illinois Bar Association
- The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Lashly & Baer, P.C.
Attorney, 2018 – Present
- Gonnerman Reinert, LLC
Member, 2009 – 2018
- Carmody MacDonald, P.C.
Associate, 2005 – 2007
Member, 2007 – 2009
- Lathrop & Gage Associate, 2002 – 2005
- Hinshaw & Culbertson Associate, 2001 – 2002
- Amelung Wulff & Wilbur Associate, 1994 – 2000 Partner, 2000 – 2001
- Brinker Doyen & Kovacs Associate, 1992 – 1993