Timothy F. McCurdy concentrates his practice in medical malpractice litigation defense, trusts and estates litigation, and elder law.
Tim has more than fifteen years of experience litigating complex medical malpractice matters. Tim handles every aspect of a medical malpractice case, ranging from initial investigation to depositions and expert discovery through examination of witnesses at trial.
Tim’s fiduciary litigation practice includes guardianship and conservatorships, trust disputes, and breach of fiduciary duties actions.
Tim assists families through every stage of life with estate planning and elder law. Tim’s estate planning practice ranges from assisting families with young children plan for their future, to helping individuals approaching retirement to conduct legacy planning. As an elder law attorney, Tim also helps seniors protect their life-savings while ensuring access to the health care they need.
Tim is licensed in Missouri and Illinois, and he is admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri, the U.S. District Court for Southern Illinois, and the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
Lectures & Legal Publications
- Author, “Change Begins With Us: Eliminating Discrimination During Jury Selection,” Missouri Bar Journal, 2020
- Presenter, “Introduction to Trusts and Estates Litigation,” Missouri Bar CLE, 2017
- Presenter, “Qualifying for Medicaid While Minimizing Financial Loss,” NBI, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Presenter, “DANGER! Ethical Trap Ahead! Representing Aging Clients with Diminishing Capacity,” Missouri Bar CLE, 2016
- Presenter, “Mom is Going in the Nursing Home TOMORROW! Crisis Planning for Medicaid & VA Benefits,” Missouri Bar CLE, 2016
- Presenter, “Evidentiary Rules Affecting Expert,” Missouri Bar CLE, 2017, 2014, 2012
- Presenter, “Taking & Defending Effective Depositions – Deposition Goals, Laying the Foundation, and Case Investigation,” Missouri Bar CLE, 2017, 2014, 2013, 2012, and 2011
- Presenter, “Annual Law Update – Torts & Civil Actions,” Missouri Bar CLE, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, and 2011
- Author, “The Doctor Will See You Now (If You Signed the Arbitration Agreement),” The Journal of the Missouri Bar, September/October 2009
- Author, “Malpractice from A-Z: Being Sued? What to Do and What to Expect,” Missouri Medicine, March/April 2006
- Elder Law and Estate Planning
- Estate, Trust, and Fiduciary Litigation
- Medical Professional Defense Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Commercial Litigation
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- Supreme Court of Missouri
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois
- Notre Dame Law School, Notre Dame, Indiana
- J.D., 2002
- Morningside College, Sioux City, Iowa
- B.A., magna cum laude, History and English, 1998
- American Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Missouri Bar Fiduciary Litigation Committee
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Lashly & Baer, P.C.
Attorney, 2018 – Present
- Gonnerman Reinert, LLC