Stephen G. Reuter concentrates his practice in the areas of medical malpractice defense and health law. As an experienced trial attorney, he has successfully defended hospitals, physicians and other health care providers. He was the only attorney to have tried three cases listed among the 20 largest defense verdicts in Missouri for 2004.
Mr. Reuter counsels and advises health care providers on a wide variety of issues. He has represented physicians, dentists, nurses and allied health professionals at hearings before state licensing boards. He is also a frequent lecturer to health care and legal audiences on topics ranging from JCAHO guidelines to trial strategy.
Steve has been selected by his peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America for Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants each year since 2018. He has also been selected for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers each year since 2005 in the field of Personal Injury Medical Malpractice – Defense. He earned his J.D. from Texas Tech University School of Law.
- Saint Louis University
- Tenet HealthSystem
Community Service & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent ® Peer Review Rating
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, Personal Injury Medical Malpractice – Defense, 2005 – Present
- Best Lawyers in America, Medical Malpractice – Defendants, 2018 – Present
- City of Manchester, MO TIF Commission
Lectures & Legal Publications
- “Litigation and the Group Medical Practice,” presented to the Medical Group Management Association
- “Living Wills and Effecting Appropriate Therapeutic Support Levels,” presented to Des Peres Hospital Nurse Managers and Residents, St. Louis, Missouri
- “The Medicare Lien in Medical Malpractice Litigation,” presented to the Washington University/BJC Healthsystem Defense Counsel Seminar, St. Louis, MO
- “JCAHO – Sentinel Event Policy,” presented to St. Louis Area Risk Managers, St. Louis, MO
- “Hearings Before the Board of Nurse Examiners,” Presented to Tarrant County Nurses Association, Fort Worth, TX
- “Documenting and Effecting Patient Self-Determination,” presented to DFW Medical Center Administration and Grand Prairie Area Nursing Home Administrators
- Smith v. Tenet HealthSystem SL, Inc., 436 F.3d 879 (8th Cir. 2006)
- Foster v. Barnes-Jewish Hospital, et al., 44 S.W.3d 432 (Mo. App. E.D. 2001)
A. Nikki Mohrmann
- Health Care
- United States Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit, 2004
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Missouri, 2002
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas, 1988
- Supreme Court of Missouri, 1996
- Supreme Court of Texas, 1987
- Texas Tech University School of Law, Lubbock, Texas
- J.D., 1987
- Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, Texas
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts, 1982
- American Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- State Bar of Texas
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Lashly & Baer, P.C.
Member, 2005 – Present
- Moser and Marsalek, P.C.
Principal, 1998 – 2005
Associate, 1996 – 1998
- Shannon, Gracey, Ratliff & Miller, L.L.P.
Partner, 1993 – 1996
Associate, 1987 – 1992
Plan Your Visit
Lashly & Baer, P.C.
ST. LOUIS OFFICE
20 East Main Street
Belleville, IL 62220
Map & Directions
By Appointment Only