Michael D. Regan is an experienced transactional attorney having handled business transactions for more than 25 years. He has engaged in business law with an emphasis on real estate, commercial lending, mergers and acquisitions, general corporate and shareholder matters, and property tax law.
Mr. Regan has dealt with asset acquisitions, stock sales and corporate acquisitions involving the purchase of multiple business operations. He represents lending institutions in connection with documentation of loans of all types.
Mr. Regan represents clients in all aspects of real estate transactions and real estate development. He played a significant role in the acquisition of land for the St. Louis area mass transit system. In addition to handling mergers, acquisitions and corporate reorganizations, he counsels business and individual clients on business issues such as employment and non-compete matters, corporate governance and corporate finance matters. He also represents nonprofit organizations in obtaining charitable exemptions from property tax, and represents property owners challenging their property tax assessments.
Michael earned his J.D. from the University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law.
Representative Cases or Transactions
- Acquisition of multiple physician practices for Saint Francis Medical Center
- Documentation of secured loans for several lending institutions
- Acquisition of land for St. Louis’ mass transit system
- Series of business acquisitions for Onyx Waste Services (formerly Superior Services)
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating
- Best M & A Provider, Small Business Monthly, 2015
- Rotary Club of St. Louis
- Saint Louis Sports Commission
- St. Louis Bank
- Wilson Manufacturing Company
- Real Estate Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Business & Corporate
- Supreme Court of Missouri, 1987
- Supreme Court of Illinois, 1988
- University of Missouri Columbia School of Law, Columbia, Missouri
- J.D. – 00/1987
- Truman State University
- B.S. – 1984
- American Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Lashly & Baer, P.C., Member, 1994
- Lashly & Baer, P.C, Associate, 1987 to 1994