Katherine L. Vojas focuses her practice on litigation and the defense of health care providers in claims of medical malpractice, as well as businesses in general corporate litigation claims. Her clients include hospitals, physicians, as well as hospital staff. She represents business clients as both plaintiffs and defendants in litigation matters. Her business practice includes advice regarding business formation, general operation matters, along with matters involving buying and selling businesses, negotiating contracts and leases, providing regulatory advice, real estate matters, and structuring joint ventures.
In addition, she actively participates in all of the various phases of litigation in both state and federal court, including developing defense strategies, motion practice, discovery, trial, and settlement. Deposing fact and expert witnesses is a regular part of Katie’s practice, as is the selection and retention of expert witnesses and the steps associated with disclosing them and presenting them for deposition. Katie also has experience with the day-to-day handling and coordinating of complex litigation on behalf of clients.
Katie is licensed to practice law in Missouri. She attended Saint Louis University School of Law. In 2019, Katie was a Rule 13 student attorney for the Saint Louis University School of Law, Civil Litigation Clinic. As a first-generation student, she received her bachelor’s degree, cum laude, from Saint Louis University, where she majored in Sociology and obtained a minor in Philosophy.
Community Service & Awards
- Alpha Sigma Nu, Jesuit Honor Society
- St. Louis University School of Law, Law Journal Editor and Staff Member, 2018 – 2020
- LeadMO, Board Member and Secretary
Lectures & Legal Publications
- Author, “Breaking the Myths: Pain and Suffering Damage Caps,” Saint Louis University Law Journal, 2020
- American Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Women’s Foundation St. Louis
- Women Lawyers’ Association of Greater St. Louis
- Business & Corporate
- Health Care
- Medical Malpractice
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri, 2020
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri, 2020
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois, 2020
- Supreme Court of Missouri, 2020
- Saint Louis University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- J.D. , 2020
- Saint Louis University, St. Louis, Missouri
- B.A. cum laude, Sociology, minor in Philosophy, 2017
- Lashly & Baer, P.C.
Associate, 2020 – Present
Clerk, 2019 – 2020
- The Simon Law Firm, P.C.
Legal Intern, 2018 -2019