Katherine Henry is a litigator who specializes in general litigation with an emphasis in Family Law that includes dissolution of marriage, child custody and support, and paternity matters. In addition to her Family Law practice, Katherine has also served local governments throughout the St. Louis Metropolitan Area as city attorney, prosecuting attorney and special counsel. Her experience in serving local governments includes, but is not limited to, representing governmental bodies in relation to liability incurred in connection with the hiring and firing of employees, the application and implementation of local and Missouri law, and ongoing municipal development.
On a personal note, Katherine has practiced Family Law with her mother, Deborah C.M. Henry, since 2013. During this time, Katherine has assisted Deborah with high conflict and high asset dissolution matters from initial client intake to final resolution either by way of settlement or trial.
Lectures & Legal Publications
- “Redistricting in 2021: A Brief Overview for Local Government Officials,” Missouri Municipal League Review Magazine, March/April 2021
- “Ethics Training for Newly Elected Officials—Do’s and Don’ts,” Missouri Municipal League, June 2020
- “Ethics Training for Newly Elected Officials—Do’s and Don’ts,” Missouri Municipal League, April 2019
- American Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- St. Louis County Bar Association
- Missouri Municipal League
- Leadership Clayton, Class of 2016 – 2017
- Parties in the Park, Board Member, 2018 – 2021
- Kids In The Middle, The Young Professionals Committee, 2021 – Present
- St. Louis Survivors Legal Support, Volunteer Attorney Recruitment and Training Committee, January 2023 – Present
- Family Law
- Government & Public Agencies
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- Supreme Court of Missouri
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- J.D., Saint Louis University School of Law, 2013
- B.A., Psychology, Saint Louis University, 2010
- Lashly & Baer, P.C.
Attorney, 2023 – Present
- Curtis, Heinz, Garrett & O’Keefe, P.C.
Associate, 2015 – 2023
- Stewart, Mittleman, Henry & O’Rourke, L.L.C.
Associate, 2013 – 2015
- Stewart, Mittleman, Heggie, Henry & Albin, L.L.C.
Law Clerk, 2010 – 2013