Jeffrey Atkinson is an experienced trial attorney who concentrates his practice in civil litigation and medical malpractice defense. Jeff has received an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell, a nationally-recognized peer-reviewed rating awarded to attorneys based on both professional excellence and the highest ethical standards.
Jeff represents a variety of doctors, businesses and insurance companies, primarily in litigated matters. In addition to trial work, Jeff has appeared successfully on numerous occasions before the Missouri Court of Appeals and the Labor and Industrial Relations Commission on behalf of businesses and insurance companies in workers compensation matters.
He is licensed in Missouri and admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri. Jeff is a member of the Missouri Bar Association and the Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis.
- Commercial Litigation
- Medical Professional Defense Litigation
- Workers Compensation
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri
- Supreme Court of Missouri
- Washington University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- J.D. – 1998
- Albion College, Albion, Michigan
- B.A. – 1995
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Mathematics
- Missouri Bar Association, Member, Present
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, Member, Present
- Member, Board of Trustees for the Missouri Conference of the United Methodist Church
- The Gathering United Methodist Church, Executive Leadership Team , 2010 to Present
- Launch Team, The Gathering United Methodist Church, 2005 to 2006
- Webster Hills United Methodist Staff-Parish Relations Committee, 2002 to 2006
- Focus St. Louis, 21st Century Task Force, 2002 to 2003
- Presenter, Evidentiary Rules Affecting Experts, Missouri Bar CLE
- Gonnerman Reinert, LLC, Attorney, 2018