James P. Reinert is an experienced litigator and concentrates his trial practice in medical professional liability defense. Jim brings more than 20 years of experience in professional liability defense to Lashly & Baer, P.C. and he has been recognized as a Missouri Super Lawyer. Throughout his extensive career, he has managed hundreds of cases representing hospitals and universities and a wide range of medical practitioners including nurses, surgeons, family practitioners, gynecologists and radiologists. His vast experience with medical liabilities allows Jim to work seamlessly with clients and communicate complex medical issues clearly with juries.
Prior to joining Lashly & Baer, P.C., Jim was a founding member of Gonnerman Reinert, LLC, Jim was also a principal with Brown & James, P.C. and Carmody MacDonald, P.C. in St. Louis. Jim is admitted to practice in Missouri and Illinois, in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri, and before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit. He is an active member of the Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers. He also frequently lectures on medical legal issues and teaches trial advocacy.
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, Personal Injury Medical Malpractice: Defendants
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Medical Malpractice Law
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly, Most Defense Verdicts in One Year
- Medical Professional Defense Litigationg
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri
- Supreme Court of Missouri
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- Saint Louis University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- J.D. – 1986
- University of Scranton, Scranton, Pennsylvania
- B.S. – 1980
- Lashly & Baer, 2019-Present, 2009 to 2018
- Gonnerman Reinert, LLC, Founder, 2009 to 2018