Evan M. Porter is an experienced litigator who focuses his practice on civil litigation in Missouri and Illinois, with an emphasis on insurance defense, medical malpractice defense, premises liability, products liability, and vehicular negligence. Evan also has experience in advising clients regarding employment matters, non-compete agreements, wage and hour disputes, and professional licensing issues. He is a member of Lashly & Baer, P.C.’s Litigation Department and Transportation Practice Section.
Evan has experience in all phases of the litigation process from intake, evaluation, investigation and discovery, motion practice and trial preparation. He also has extensive experience with e-discovery programs and managing large cases with thousands of documents.
Evan is also a member of Lashly & Baer, P.C.’s Rapid Response team, providing immediate response to serious vehicular and trucking accidents. This helps to achieve early evaluation of accidents and ensure the proper preservation of evidence.
- Amercian Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Defense Research Institute, Inc.
Lectures & Legal Publications
- Co-Author, Justice is (Change) Blind: Applying Research on Visual Metacognition in Legal Settings, February 2017
- Speaker, Controversial Police Liability Issues, NBI, 2011
- Commercial Litigation
- Product Liability
- Premises Liability
- Personal Injury Defense
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- Supreme Court of Missouri
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- Saint Louis University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- J.D., 2010
- Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee
- B.A., cum laude, 2007
- Lashly & Baer, P.C.
Associate, 2020 – Present
- Stanton Barton, LLC
Associate, 2015 – 2020
- McDuffy Law Firm, LLC
Attorney, 2012 – 2015
- Bryan Cave
Electronic Discovery Team Attorney, 2011 – 2012
- Law Offices of Kevin J. Dolley
Attorney, 2010 – 2011
- Meyerkord Rineberg & Graham
Law Clerk, Summer 2010