Brian R. Betner is an experienced civil litigator who has successfully defended business and insurance clients in state and federal courts throughout Missouri and Illinois. Brian has extensive experience in a wide range of areas including complex commercial motor vehicle accidents; retail and premises liability; products liability; toxic torts involving asbestos; and insurance coverage issues involving uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. Brian is involved in the entire claims handling process, from the initial investigation through trial.
Brian is also a member of Lashly & Baer’s Rapid Response Team, assisting his clients in conducting immediate investigations into catastrophic accidents to ensure the preservation of critical evidence and achieve early evaluation of potential liability issues. Brian is well-versed in the evolving technology found in today’s commercial motor vehicles, which allows him to identify and interpret important accident data as part of his investigation.
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Defense Research Institute , Inc. (DRI)
- Transportation Lawyers Association (TLA)
- USLAW Network, Inc.
Lectures & Legal Publications
- Author, “A Hard Road to Toll: Imposing Vicarious Liability Against Non- Motor Carriers under the Federal Motor Safety Regulations,” USLAW Network, Inc. Magazine, Spring 2020
- Personal Injury
- Retail and Premises Liability
- Toxic Torts
- Supreme Court of Missouri
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- United States District Court, Western District of Missouri
- United States District Court, Central District of Illinois
- United States District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- J.D. magna cum laude, 2009
- Loyola University Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland
- B.B.A., 2002
- Lashly & Baer, P.C.
Member, 2023 – Present Associate, 2019 – 2022
- Stanton Barton, LLC
- Hawkins Parnell Thackston & Young
- Boggs, Avellino, Lach & Boggs
- Gamache & Meyers