Richard W. Hill III practices in the areas of health care law and corporate law, with an emphasis on health care fraud and abuse compliance, corporate transactions, as well as the negotiation and drafting of various vendor, employment and professional service agreements. He advises clients on various health care compliance and regulatory issues, including: HIPAA; Medicare and Medicaid; EMTALA; the Stark Law; the Anti-Kickback Statute; and other federal and state fraud and abuse statutes and regulations. In addition he drafts and negotiates purchase contracts for hospitals and multi-hospital group purchasing organization in areas such as pharmaceuticals, major medical equipment, software and commercial leases.
Mr. Hill is involved in every phase of the life cycle of health care entities, from the structuring and drafting of initial corporate documents, to the due diligence, negotiation, and document preparation for corporate transactions. He also has experience representing health care professionals and facilities before regulatory agencies, contractors, and licensing bodies, including: the HHS Departmental Appeals Board, Medicare recovery audit and zone program integrity contractors, and the Missouri Board of Nursing.
Rich assists hospitals, developers of assisted living and skilled nursing facilities, and other health care providers in obtaining Certificates of Need from the Missouri Health Facilities Review Committee for the construction and/or expansion of health care facilities or the purchase of major medical equipment.
Mr. Hill earned his J.D. from Saint Louis University School of Law with a concentration in health care law.
Classes & Seminars
- Co-Author, “When the DEA Comes Knocking” , 09/21/2018
- Interview, “State Approves Fulton Parolee-Focused Nursing Facility” , ABC KMIZ, 09/10/2018
- Lecturer, “Documentation From the Legal Perspective: Federal Conditions of Participation Actions” , Senior Living Forum, 05/01/2018
- Business & Corporate
- Health Care
- Supreme Court of Missouri, 2013
Saint Louis University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- J.D. - 2013
Truman State University
- B.S. - 2009
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Biology
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section
- American Health Lawyers Association
- St. Louis County Bar Association
- Health Capital Consultants, LLC, Senior Counsel, 2014 to 2015
- Health Capital Consultants, LLC, Associate, 2014
- Health Capital Consultants, LLC, Research Associate, 2013 to 2014
- Stewart, Mittleman, Heggie, Henry & Albin, LLC, Associate, 2012 to 2013