Matthew J. Eddy has been practicing law for more than 20 years and has concentrated in various areas of civil litigation. These areas include wrongful death, personal injury, medical malpractice, product liability, toxic torts, insurance defense and general negligence. He has tried numerous cases in state and federal courts in Missouri and Illinois.
In addition, Mr. Eddy litigates insurance coverage disputes involving claims for coverage, breach of contract, bad faith and contribution. His past accomplishments include successful representation of product manufacturers, retailers and owners in product liability actions involving consumer products, automobiles, industrial machinery, medical devices, asbestos, welding rod fumes and herbicides.
He has also successfully represented commercial and residential property owners, general/subcontractors, trucking/moving and storage companies, and individuals in premises liability, construction, automobile, catastrophic injury and wrongful death actions.
Matt has been selected for inclusion to the Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers (Personal Injury Medical Malpractice: Defense), most recently in 2014. He earned his J.D. from the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law.
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers Personal Injury Medical Malpractice: Defense
- HealthSouth Corporation
- Minden, et al. v. Atain Specialty Ins. Co., __F.3d, 2015, 8th Circuit
- Fiala v. Bickford Senior Living Grp., LLC, 2015 IL App (2d) , 2015, lll App
- J.E. Jones Construction Co., et al. v. Chubb & Sons, Inc., et al., 486 F.3d , 2007, 8th Circut
- Federal Ins. Co. v. Gulf Ins. Co., 162 S.W.3d 160 , 2005, MO. App. E.D.
- Filla v. Norfolk Southern Ry. Co., et al., 336 F.3d , 2003, 8th Circut
- Bramon v. U-Haul, Inc., 945 S.W.2d 676 , 1997, Mo. App. E.D.
- Budget Rent A Car v. Guaranty Nat. Ins., 939 S.W.2d 412 , 1996, Mo. App. E.D.
- Waggoner v. Mercedes Benz of N. America, 879 S.W.2d 692 , 1994, Mo. App. E.D.
- Product Liability / Toxic Tort
- Health Care
- Personal Injury
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 2006
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri, 1994
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri, 2007
- Supreme Court of Missouri, 1992
- Supreme Court of Illinois, 1994
University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, Kansas City, Missouri
- J.D. - 1992
University of Missouri-Columbia
- B.S.B.A. - 1989
- Major: Finance
- American Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Illinois State Bar Association
- CLM Alliance
- Lashly & Baer, P.C., Member, 2007
- Holtkamp, Liese, Childress & Schultz, P.C., Partner, 2005 to 2007
- Holtkamp, Liese, Childress & Schultz, P.C., Associate, 2004 to 2005
- Moser & Marsalek, Associate, 2001 to 2004
- Kortenhof & Ely, P.C., Associate, 1993 to 2001