Andrew G. Toennies
Andrew G. Toennies has more than 22 years of litigation experience representing individuals and businesses in a variety of legal matters. He focuses his practices in the areas of personal injury, workers’ compensation, premises liability, commercial litigation, real estate and professional negligence. He has significant trial experience as he has tried more than 40 jury trials in Illinois and Missouri.
Mr. Toennies has tried cases in St. Louis County, the City of St. Louis, Madison County, Monroe County, St. Clair County, Clinton County, Bond County, Washington County, St. Charles County, Jefferson County and federal court. He has extensive experience in personal injury law that includes auto accidents, slip and falls, boat accidents, dog bites, lead poisoning, wrongful death, insurance claims, and workers’ compensation.
In addition, Mr. Toennies represents business owners in breach of contract matters, business-to-business litigation and collection matters.
Andy earned his J.D. from Ohio Northern University School of Law.
Representative Cases or Transactions
- Workers’ compensation trial – Herrin, IL (2013)
- Successful appeal of workers’ compensation trial – Springfield, IL (2013)
- Successful trial and injunctive relief in business dispute – St. Clair County, IL (2013)
- Product liability verdict – St. Louis County, MO (2012)
- Successful workers’ compensation verdict – St. Louis, MO (2011)
- Workers’ compensation trial – Collinsville, Illinois (2010)
- Workers’ compensation trial – Herrin, Illinois (2010)
- $16 million injury claim – St. Clair County, Illinois (2009)
- Death claim – Clinton County, Illinois (2008)
- Workers’ compensation trial, Missouri (2008)
- Defense verdict on behalf of local sports team- the City of St. Louis (2007)
- Plaintiff’s verdict – St. Louis County (2007)
- Vehicular collision – Miller County, Missouri (2006)
- Defense verdict on behalf of local sports team regarding an assault and battery case – City of St. Louis, Missouri (2006)
- In the Matter of Myrtle Dunn, 181 S.W.3d 601 (2006)
- In the Matter of Steven Prye, 169 S.W.3d 116 (2005)
- Jury verdict – Clinton County, Illinois (2004)
- Mediation award – Madison County, Illinois (2004)