Stefan J. Glynias practices in the St. Louis metropolitan area and Eastern Missouri in the state and federal courts. His focus is in the areas of tort and commercial litigation, including complex litigation involving contracts, employment relations, business torts, governmental and environmental liability. He handles both simple and complex contract matters for both Plaintiffs and Defendants, including construction projects, fraud, breach of warranty, insurance coverage disputes, breach of fiduciary duty, ERISA and civil RICO matters in the Healthcare industry. Mr. Glynias is a member of the Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers, the American Association for Justice (formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America), and the Defense Research Institute, and continues to be a frequent CLE speaker for the Missouri Bar and other groups.
Stefan was selected for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers in the field of Business Litigation from 2005 – 2009, 2011, 2013 and most recently in 2014, and is the recipient of the Lon O. Hocker Memorial Trial Lawyer Award. He earned his J.D. from Hastings College of Law, University of California.
- Costco, Inc.
- Arthur J. Gallagher
- Gallagher Bassett
- Schoedinger, et al. v. United Healthcare of the Midwest, Inc., United States District Court, Eastern District, No. 4:04CV664-SNL
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. v. Vicki Walters, 202 F.Supp. 931 (E.D. Mo. 2001)
- Brown Group v. George F. Brown & Sons, 963 S.W.2d 285 (Mo. App. E.D. 1997)
Community Service & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers
Business Litigation, 2005 – 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014
- Recipient, Lon O. Hocker Memorial Trial Lawyer Award, Missouri Bar Foundation
- Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church
Lectures & Legal Publications
- “Practical Guidance for Civil Litigation,” Missouri Bar – Kansas City, Missouri
- “Trial Lawyers’ Successful Trial Tips,” Missouri Bar – Kansas City, Missouri
- “Defending the Expert Witness,” Mastering the Art of Taking & Defending Effective Depositions, Missouri Bar – Kansas City, Missouri
- “Selecting, Engaging and Preparing Your Expert Witness for Deposition,” Effective Deposition Techniques Seminar – St. Louis, Missouri
- “Cross Examination – It has its Advantages,” Trial Lawyers’ Successful Trial Tips Seminar, Missouri Bar – St. Louis, Missouri
- “What’s the Point of PowerPoint: An Overview,” Picture This! Making Your Case with PowerPoint Seminar, Missouri Bar – St. Louis, Missouri
- “Planning Presentation of your Case,” Practical Evidence for Litigators Seminar Missouri Bar – St. Louis, Missouri
- “Preparing Your Expert Witness for Deposition,” Effective Deposition Techniques Seminar, Missouri Bar – St. Louis, Missouri
- “Work Product Privilege/Expert Witness,” A Day in Discovery: Win Your Case Before Trial Seminar, Missouri Bar – St. Louis, Missouri
- Business & Corporate
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1976
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri, 1972
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri, 1972
- Supreme Court of Missouri, 1972
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California
- J.D., 1972
- Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri
- A.B., 1968
- American Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- St. Louis County Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Lawyers Association of St. Louis
- USLAW Network, Inc.
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Lashly & Baer, P.C.
Of Counsel, 2016 – Present
Member, 2000 – 2016
- Evans & Dixon, L.L.C.
Managing Partner, 1997 – 2000
- Evans & Dixon, L.L.C.
Partner, 1982 – 1997
- United States Army Reserves, 1969 – 1976