Rachel A. Ford is a litigator who focuses her practice on defending health care providers from medical negligence claims and businesses in general corporate litigation claims. She also represents clients in defending vehicle negligence and transportation matters. She is a member of Lashly & Baer, P.C.’s Litigation Department and Transportation Practice Section.
Rachel actively participates in all phases of litigation in both state and federal court, including developing defense strategies, motion practice, discovery, trial, and settlement. Deposing fact and expert witnesses is a regular part of Rachel’s practice, as is the selection and retention of expert witnesses and the steps associated with disclosing them and presenting them for deposition. Rachel has experience with the day-to-day handling and coordinating of complex litigation on behalf of her clients.
Rachel is licensed to practice in Missouri. She earned her J.D. from the University of Cincinnati College of Law with a Corporate Concentration, graduating in the top third of her class. Rachel earned the Eugene M. Corbin Prize for excellence in Tax and Litigation courses and the CALI award for the highest grade in Civil Procedure I. During law school, Rachel was an Editor on the University of Cincinnati Law Review, a legal fellow for the Entrepreneurship and Community Development Clinic, where she advised small businesses and nonprofits, and a law student litigator for the Hamilton County Youth Court, where she represented juveniles who had committed minor offenses. Rachel received her bachelor’s degree, summa cum laude, from McKendree University, where she double majored in Human Resource Management and Marketing.
Community Service & Awards
- College of Law Dean’s Honor List, 2020 – 2022
- University of Cincinnati Law Review, Editor, 2020 – 2022
- Eugene M. Corbin Prize, 2022
- CALI Award for Excellence in Civil Procedure I, 2019
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Women’s Lawyer Association of St. Louis
- USLAW Network, Inc.
Marie K. Bacon
- Personal Injury
- Transportation Law
- Supreme Court of Missouri, 2022
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri, 2022
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri, 2022
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, Cincinnati, Ohio
- J.D., Corporate Law Concentration, 2022
- McKendree University, Lebanon, Illinois
- B.B.A., summa cum laude, double major: Human Resource Management and Marketing, 2018
- Lashly & Baer, P.C.
- Associate, 2022 – Present
- Law Clerk, 2021 – 2022
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- Judicial Extern for the Honorable Michael R. Barrett, 2021
- Rittgers & Rittgers
- Law Clerk, 2020 – 2022
Plan Your Visit
Lashly & Baer, P.C.
ST. LOUIS OFFICE
20 East Main Street
Belleville, IL 62220
Map & Directions
By Appointment Only