Christopher J. Bedell focuses his legal practice in the areas of educational, government and public institutional law. He advises educational clients and other public institutions on a wide variety of legal matters including governance, constitutional law, real estate, and labor and employment issues.
Prior to joining Lashly & Baer, Christopher began his career in local real estate consulting as a Housing and Urban Development Analyst. During that time, Christopher completed hundreds of utility assessments for a variety of affordable housing stakeholders across the United States, including developers, housing authorities, management companies, and HUD in compliance with the Green Retrofit and Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) programs.
While attending law school, Christopher served as Vice-President of the Community Development, Housing, and Real Estate Law Society. He also completed an Asset Management Legal Externship at the headquarters of national real estate development firm, McCormack Baron Salazar.
Christopher obtained both his Bachelors and Juris Doctorate from Washington University in St. Louis. He currently serves on the Building Energy Improvement Board for the City of St. Louis as the Affordable Housing Representative. He is a native of North St. Louis County
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, Young Lawyers Division
- The Missouri Bar
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Missouri Workforce Housing Association
- Community Builders Network St. Louis
- United States Green Building Council-Missouri Gateway Chapter
- Urban Land Institute St. Louis
Community Service & Awards
- Samuel M. Breckinridge Scholarship Recipient
- Certificate for Excellence in Oral Advocacy
- Community Development & Real Estate Law Society, Vice President
- City of St. Louis, Building Energy Improvement Board, Affordable Housing Representative, Present
Government & Public Agencies
Business & Corporate
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri, 2020
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri, 2020
- Supreme Court of Missouri, 2020
- Washington University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- J.D., 2019
- Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri
- B.S., Political Science, 2016
- St. Louis Community College at Forest Park, St. Louis, Missouri
- A.S., Criminal Justice, Deans List, 2011
- Lashly & Baer, P.C.
Associate, 2020 – Present
- Travelers Insurance
Summer Associate, 2017 and 2018