Charles E. Valier concentrates his practice in health care finance, commercial lending, real estate finance, corporate merger, acquisition and finance transactions, as well as tax-exempt bond financing. He advises a wide variety of business organizations including profit and nonprofit entities, health care providers and commercial lending companies.
Mr. Valier serves as counsel to participants in a large number of asset acquisitions and mergers. He represents health care providers before state regulatory agencies. In addition, he acts as bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel or lender’s counsel in numerous financings for multi-family housing projects, assisted living and nursing homes, and other nonprofit organizations.
Charlie was selected for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers in 2006 and 2007 in the field of Mergers & Acquisitions. He earned his B.A. from Yale University, his M.L.A. from Washington University in St. Louis, and his J.D. from the University of Missouri School of Law. In addition, he served in the United States Marine Corps, the Missouri House of Representatives, as Counsel to the Governor of Missouri, and as Police Commissioner for the City of St. Louis.
Mr. Addis’s experience and credentials provide him with a valuable and uncommon perspective when counselling business clients. He prides himself on providing clients with creative solutions to business problems. He also understands the importance of efficient and economical client service. He believes excellent client service can only be achieved when clients are kept updated as to the status of their matters or transactions. To that end, Mr. Addis places a premium on client communication.
Tom also served nearly five years in the United States Army as a Counterintelligence agent, and is a Licensed Certified Public Accountant in Missouri.
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Peer Review Rating
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers
- Aloys P. Kaufman Award of Public Service
- St. Louis Jaycees, Distinguished Service Award
- St. Louis Globe-Democrat, Award for Meritorious Public Service
- “La Crise de 1558: Conflit Theologique ou Politique,” Revue Historique Vaudoise, Lausanne, Switzerland, November 2011
- “The personality of Pierre Viret,” Sixteenth Century Society Conference, Fort Worth, Texas, October 2011
- “American Banking Transactions” presented to the University of Latvia, Riga, Latvia, April 1992
Classes & Seminars
Banking Law, University of Rega, Latvia, 1991 to 1991
- Gershman Investment Corp.
- General Baptist Nursing Home
- Area Rescue Consortium of Hospitals (ARCH)
- City of St. Louis
- St. Louis Housing Authority
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital
- St. Louis Children’s Hospital
- Saint Louis University
- Sale of Abbott Ambulance, Inc. to Medical Transport Management, Inc.
- Sale of Area Rescue Consortium of Hospitals (ARCH) to Air Methods Corporation
- Sale of Group Health Plan to Coventry Corp.
- Purchase of Life Force for Abbott Ambulance
- City of St. Louis Airport Bonds
- State of Missouri, Board of Public Buildings, State Facilities
- Business & Corporate
- Supreme Court of Missouri, 1968
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri, 1968
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1968
- University of Missouri Columbia School of Law, Columbia, Missouri
- J.D. – 1968
- Yale University
- B.A. – 1962
- New York University School of Business
- Washington University
- M.L.A. – 2010
- National Association of Bond Lawyers, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- U.S. Attorney and Marshal, Eastern District of Missouri, Chairman, Merit Selection Committee, 1991 to 1991
- St. Louis Regional Justice Information Service, Member, Board of Directors, 1981 to 1983
- The Missouri Bar, Member
- The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, Member, Budget Committee
- St. Louis County Bar Association, Member, 1990 to 1993
- Missouri State Employees Retirement System, Trustee, 1973 to 1977
- Missouri Reorganization Commission, 1971 – 1973
- New City School, Board of Directors, 1971 – 1972
- Union Sarah Economic Development Corporation, Board of Directors, 1968 – 1973
- Member, Missouri General Assembly, 1967 – 1973
- Counsel to the Governor of Missouri, 1973 – 1977
- Downtown St. Louis, Inc., Board of Directors, 1969 – 1985
- Fellow of the American Bar Foundation
- Bingham Trust, Chairman, 1985-Present
- Lashly & Baer, P.C., Of Counsel, 2015
- Lashly & Baer, P.C., Member, 1977 to 2015
- Counsel to the Governor of Missouri, 1973 to 1977
- Missouri House of Representatives, Member, 1967 to 1973
- Missouri House of Representatives, Member, 1967-1973
- Peper Martin Jensen Maichel & Hetlage, 1968-1972
- United States Marine Corps, 1962 to 1968