Brian J. Malone devotes his practice to assisting governmental bodies and public institutions in the St. Louis area.
Mr. Malone has worked with local governments on a wide variety of legal issues including zoning, real estate development, election law, taxation, constitutional law, sunshine law, litigation and general government operations. Mr. Malone has provided legal advice to St. Louis County, municipalities, public libraries, school districts, hospital districts, and election authorities. Mr. Malone has conducted extensive research regarding legal issues affecting local governments and has made presentations for elected officials and advised others on changes in the law. Brian began his career as an Assistant County Counselor for St. Louis County where he advised St. Louis County officials on a variety of legal issues. He has represented local governments and public bodies in circuit court, and has briefed and argued cases before the Missouri Court of Appeals, and has successfully argued before the Missouri Supreme Court.
Brian has presented seminars on municipal court procedures and Missouri’s firearms laws, and has published the following articles: The Right to Regulate the Right to Bear Arms, Missouri Municipal Review, March/April 2018; News from the Bench: Considering the Right to Bear Arms, Missouri Municipal Review, January/February 2019; and Developments in the Law Regarding Warrantless Arrests, Journal of the Missouri Bar, November/December 2019.
Brian earned his J.D. from Washburn University School of Law, where he was recognized for his achievements in moot court and the law clinic. He also studied comparative criminal law and comparative legal systems in the University of Utrecht in the Netherlands. Brian received a bachelor of arts in History from Truman State University. Brian, his wife Stefanie, and their children live in the City of St. Louis.
- Government & Public Agencies
- Supreme Court of Missouri, 2006
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri, 2009
- Washburn University School of Law, Topeka, Kansas
- J.D. – 2006
- Truman State University
- B.A. – 2002
- Major: History
- The Missouri Bar
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Missouri Municipal Attorneys Association
- Municipal Attorneys Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Lashly & Baer, P.C. , Member, 2019
- Lashly & Baer, P.C., Associate, 2016 to 2019
- Curtis, Heinz, Garrett & O’Keefe, P.C., Attorney, 2010 to 2015
- St. Louis County Counselor’s Office, Assistant County Counselor, 2007 to 2010