Nelson H. Howe, II is a transactional and real estate attorney with more than 25 years of experience in corporate mergers and acquisitions, as well as commercial real estate financing. He has also represented grantors, trusts, guardianships and conservatorships concerning investments and other trust administration matters.
Mr. Howe handles probate administration and advises clients on estate planning, asset protection and family succession planning. He has served as in-house counsel for a regional banking institution handling matters related to deposits, collections, and consumer and commercial loans, concentrating primarily on commercial lending for secured and unsecured real estate, construction, and commercial and subdivision development loans.
Mr. Howe has also served as counsel to many profit and nonprofit corporations, both publicly and privately held, in the health care, manufacturing, retail, wholesale, buildings products, petroleum distribution and insurance services industries. In that realm, he engaged in general corporate and contracting work and a variety of commercial and real estate transactions.
Nelson earned his J.D. from the University of San Diego School of Law.
• United States Naval Reserve, 1971-1974
• Honorable Discharge, 1974
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Peer Review Rating
Classes & Seminars
- Insurance Requirements in Leases, Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, 1993 to 1993
- Current Issues in Banking Law in Missouri, National Business Institute, Inc., 1993 to 1993
- Gershman Investment Corp. (Gershman Mortgage)
- St. Louis Bank
- Lender's counsel to Gershman Investment Corp. in connection with over $100,000,000 in HUD insured construction loans and refinancings for multi-family, assisted living and nursing home projects.
- Lender's counsel for Bank of America, N.A. in connection with over $100,000,000 in commercial real estate acquisition and office and shopping center developments.
- Real estate counsel for sale of St. Louis University medical facility to Tenet Healthcare Corporation and other miscellaneous hospital sale transactions.
- Lead counsel for the sale of Mineral Area Regional Medical Center to Community Health Systems.
- General corporate counsel in the formation, acquisitions, operations, contracting, and sale of Group Health Plan.
- Business & Corporate
- Estate Planning
- Supreme Court of Missouri, 1979
- Supreme Court of California, 1978
- University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. - 1978
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Arizona
- B.S.B.A. - 1975
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: With High Distinction
- Major: General Business/Marketing
- The Missouri Bar, 1979
- The California Bar, 1979
- American Bar Association, 1979
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, 1979
- St. Louis County Bar Association
- Lashly & Baer, P.C., Member, 1984
- Lashly & Baer, P.C., Associate, 1979 to 1984
- United States Naval Reserve, 1971 to 1974