Stefan J. Glynias practices in the St. Louis metropolitan area and Eastern Missouri in the state and federal courts. His focus is in the areas of tort and commercial litigation, including complex litigation involving contracts, employment relations, business torts, governmental and environmental liability. He handles both simple and complex contract matters for both Plaintiffs and Defendants, including construction projects, fraud, breach of warranty, insurance coverage disputes, breach of fiduciary duty, ERISA and civil RICO matters in the Healthcare industry. Mr. Glynias is a member of the Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers, the American Association for Justice (formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America), and the Defense Research Institute, and continues to be a frequent CLE speaker for the Missouri Bar and other groups.
Stefan was selected for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers in the field of Business Litigation from 2005 – 2009, 2011, 2013 and most recently in 2014, and is the recipient of the Lon O. Hocker Memorial Trial Lawyer Award. He earned his J.D. from Hastings College of Law, University of California.
- Lon Hocker Memorial Trial Lawyer Award, Missouri Bar Association
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Peer Review Rating
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers
- "Practical Guidance for Civil Litigation", Missouri Bar - Kansas City, Missouri, December, 2008
- "Trial Lawyers’ Successful Trial Tips", Missouri Bar - Kansas City, 2008
- "Defending the Expert Witness", Mastering the Art of Taking & Defending Effective Depositions, Missouri Bar - Kansas City, Missouri, February, 2008
Classes & Seminars
- Presented: Wal-Mart Flat Fee Seminars, 1995
- Speaker: MUSIC Seminars, 1998
- "Preparing Your Expert Witness for Deposition", Effective Deposition Techniques Seminar, Missouri Bar - St. Louis, Missouri
- "Planning Presentation of your Case", Practical Evidence for Litigators Seminar Missouri Bar - St. Louis, Missouri, 2005
- Costco, Inc.
- Arthur J. Gallagher
- Gallagher Bassett
- Brown Group v. Geo. F. Brown & Sons, 963 S.W. 2d 285, 1997, Mo. App., 1997243547
- Schoedinger, et al. v. United Healthcare of the Midwest, Inc., , No. 4:04CV664-SNL, United States District Court, Eastern District
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. v. Vicki Walters, 202 F.Supp. 931 (E.D. Mo. 2001)
- Robert Rhoads, General Counsel, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- James Agnew, Corporate Vice President, South Central Region of Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
- Business & Corporate
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1976
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri, 1972
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri, 1972
- Supreme Court of Missouri, 1972
University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California
- J.D. - 00/1972
- A.B. - 1968
- American Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- St. Louis County Bar Association
- American Association for Justice (formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America)
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Lawyers Association of St. Louis
- USLAW Network, Inc.
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Lashly & Baer, P.C., Of Counsel, 2016
- Lashly & Baer, P.C., Member, 2000 to 2016
- Evans & Dixon, L.L.C., Managing Partner, 1997 to 2000
- Evans & Dixon, L.L.C., Partner, 1982 to 1997