Stephen L. Beimdiek is a proven litigator with more than 33 years of trial experience. He engages in all aspects of civil litigation and has successfully tried approximately 50 cases to verdict before state and federal courts.
Mr. Beimdiek's trial background includes claims involving business/commercial disputes, contracts, personal injury, construction, real estate transactions, medical malpractice, industrial accidents, premises liability, products liability and consumer warranty. He also handles banking matters, administrative hearing procedures, real estate brokerage matters, landlord/tenant matters, challenges to probate estates and insurance defense.
Steve is licensed to practice in both the state of Missouri and Illinois. He has been selected by his peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America® in the fields of Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants, each year since 2016. Steve has also been selected for inclusion in the Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers - Civil Litigation Defense. Steve is AV® Preeminent™ rated with Martindale Hubbell, is a past chair of the USLAW NETWORK, Inc. Business and Commercial Litigation Practice Group, and served on the USLAW NETWORK Board of Directors from 2002-2010. He earned his J.D. from Saint Louis University School of Law.
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating
- Sullivan University Board of Directors, 1999 - Present
- Best Lawyers in America® - Personal Injury Litigation, 2016 - Present
- USLAW Network, Inc. Board of Directors, Past Chairman, Business Commercial Litigation Practice Group
- Pershing Place Improvement Association Trustee
- The Signature Bank/Bancorp South St. Louis Advisory Board
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers
- Forest Park Forever Advisory Committee
- Missouri Athletic Club Nominating Committee, Policing Committee, Membership Committee, By Laws and Ethics Committee, Athlete Committee
- Clear Channel Communications
- General Motors LLC
- US Bancorp
- United States Steel Corporation
- Travelers Property Cas v. Manitowoc Co., 309 S.W.3d 174 , 2013, Mo. Banc.
- Cincinnati Cas. Co. v. GFS Balloons, 168 S.W.3d 523 , 2005, Mo. App. E.D.
- AllStar Capital, Inc. v. Wade, 352 S.W.3d 633 , 2011, Mo. App. E.D.
- Ming v. General Motors Corporation, 195 F.3d 342 , 1999, 8th Cir.
- Ming v. General Motors Corp., 81 F.Supp. 2d 956, 1999, USDC E.D. Mo., 2000043158
- Dean v. St. Anthony's Medical Center, 978 S.W.2d 423, 1998, Mo. App. E.D., 1998167014
- In Re: Estate of Hayes, 941 S.W.2d 630, 1997, Mo.App. E.D., 1997050084
- Schwartz v. Custom Printing Co., 926 S.W.2d 490, 1996, Mo. App. E.D., 1996145764
- Barnes v. Prudential Ins. Co., 76 F.3d 889, 1996, 8th Cir., 1996050517
- Rauscher v. General Motors Corp., 905 S.W.2d 158, 1995, Mo.App. E.D., 1995179795
- Nichols v. Prudential Ins. Co., 851 S.W.2d 657, 1993, Mo. App. E.D., 1993063366
- Johnson Group, Inc. v. Beecham Inc., 952 F.2d 1005, 1991, U.S.C.A. 8th Cir., 1991208221
- In Re: Estate of Bischof, 770 S.W.2d 474, 1989, Mo. App. E.D., 1989066962
- Santangelo v. General Motors Corp., 769 S.W.2d 202, 1989, Mo.App., 1989071017
- Business/Commercial Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- Supreme Court of Missouri, 1985
- Supreme Court of Illinois, 1986
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1991
Saint Louis University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- J.D. - 1985
Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana
- B.A. - 1981
- Major: Political Science
- American Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Illinois State Bar Association
- St. Louis County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute, Inc. (DRI)
- Lashly & Baer, P.C., Member, 1991
- Lashly & Baer, P.C., Associate, 1985 to 1990
- Brown, James & Rabbitt, Law Clerk, 1982 to 1985
- Moser, Marsalek, Carpenter, Cleary, Jaeckel, & Keaney, Law Clerk, 1981 to 1982