Mr. Addis joined the firm in 2018 and is an experienced litigator. He offers a multifaceted skill set to his business clients. Among his areas of practice are general business law, including business transactions such as mergers and acquisitions, buy-sell arrangements, drafting and negotiating terms of a multitude of documents related to the sale of stock or assets as well as real estate, contract law, general corporate law and commercial law. He also represents financial institutions with regulatory compliance, loan documentation, workouts, and product development. He has extensive litigation experience in representing financial institutions and defending certified public accountants in accounting malpractice suits.
Mr. Addis’s experience and credentials provide him with a valuable and uncommon perspective when counselling business clients. He prides himself on providing clients with creative solutions to business problems. He also understands the importance of efficient and economical client service. He believes excellent client service can only be achieved when clients are kept updated as to the status of their matters or transactions. To that end, Mr. Addis places a premium on client communication.
Tom also served nearly five years in the United States Army as a Counterintelligence agent, and is a Licensed Certified Public Accountant in Missouri.
- Business & Corporate
- Banking & Commercial Lending
- Supreme Court of Missouri
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri
- Saint Louis University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- Juris Doctor - 2006
- Honors: Academic Excellence Award for Highest Grade in Property in 2002
- University of Missouri, St. Louis, Missouri
- B.S. - 1997
- Major: Accountancy
- Missouri State University
- Major: Finance
- American Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Illinois Bar Association
- Lashly & Baer, P.C., Counsel, 2018
- Sandberg, Phoenix & von Gontard, Shareholder 2015 - 2018; Associate 2006 - 2015, 2000 to 2004
- Union Pacific Railroad, Project Manager, 2000 to 2004
- Pricewaterhouse Coopers, LLP, Senior Associate, 1998 to 2000