Alexandra Wells is an experienced trial attorney who has successfully defended clients in both state and federal courts. She focuses her practice in civil litigation with an emphasis on premises liability, personal injury, insurance defense and coverage, and construction law. She has experience in all areas of civil litigation, from the initial claims and investigative process through trial and appeals.
Alex represents a large number of clients in defending vehicle negligence and transportation matters that include both interstate and intrastate issues. She is part of Lashly & Baer’s Rapid Response Team, providing immediate response to serious accidents. As part of this team, Alex has responded to mass casualty accidents requiring coordination with federal and state regulatory agencies as well as law enforcement.
While attending Saint Louis University School of Law, Alex earned a certificate in Civil Litigation and served on the Editorial Board of the Public Law Review. She was recognized with Academic Excellence Awards in Psychology of the Courtroom and Trial Advocacy. Alex was also selected for the National Association of Women Lawyers’ 2014 Outstanding Law Student Award designed to recognize women who promote the issues and concerns of women in the legal profession and demonstrate motivation, tenacity, and high academic achievement.
In her free time, Alex volunteers at the Center for Animal Rescue and Enrichment of St. Louis (CARE STL), a non-profit animal shelter in the City of St. Louis. She also enjoys annually coordinating Lashly & Baer’s holiday donations through BAMSL’s Motion for Kids program.
Lectures & Legal Publications
- Panelist, Rapid Responses during COVID-19, USLAW Network, Inc., June 2020
- “Ping! The Admissibility of Cellular Records to Track Criminal Defendants,” St. Louis University Public Law Review, 2014
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Women’s Lawyer Association of St. Louis
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- USLAW Network, Inc.
- Defense Research Institute, Inc. (DRI)
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Transportation Law
- Insurance Law
- Construction Litigation
- Supreme Court of Missouri
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- Saint Louis University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- J.D. cum laude, 2014
- Saint Louis University, St. Louis, Missouri
- B.A. cum laude, Political Science and minor Criminal Justice, 2011
- Lashly & Baer, P.C.
Associate, 2016 – Present
- Brown & James, P.C.
Associate, 2014 – 2016