Wendy J. Wolf, R.N.
Wendy J. Wolf engages primarily in litigation with an emphasis on medical malpractice defense of health care institutions and professionals. In addition to her vast legal knowledge, she is a registered nurse with real-life experience working in hospitals and medical offices, and serving as a university instructor.
Ms. Wolf has achieved a Martindale-Hubbell Rating of AV® PreeminentTM , the highest rating obtainable based on peer reviews. She has participated in all phases of pre-trial preparation and in trials of medical negligence cases. She defends and counsels medical professionals and institutions on matters involving risk management, medical records issues, policy development, licensure and disciplinary proceedings. She also represents nurses in disciplinary matters.
Wendy has been selected for inclusion in the 2014 Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, as well as Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers between 2005-2008 and 2010-2013 in the field of Personal Injury Medical Malpractice: Defense. She was also selected as one of the Top 50 Women Missouri and Kansas Lawyers in 2006. She earned her J.D. from Saint Louis University School of Law.
- SSM Cardinal Glennon Children’s Medical Center
- SSM Health Care St. Louis
- ARCH Air Medical Services
- Air Methods Corporation
Representative Cases or Transactions
- Downey v. Mitchell, 835 S.W.2d 554 (Mo. App. E.D. 1992)
Recent Publications or News
- “Risks on the Job Can Put Nurses in Jeopardy,” Lashly & Baer, P.C. Opening Remarks
- “Women Attorneys and the Politics of Law: Politics in the Office” panel discussion, Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- “Managing Risks in the Pediatric Office Practice” at the University of Missouri-Columbia
- Continuing Legal Education Seminars (“Taking Effective Depositions” and “Nursing Law in Missouri”)
- “Legal Issues in the Communications Center” for the National Meeting of the Association of Air Medical Services,”
- “Defending the Medical Record” for the Greater St. Louis Chapter of the American Association for Medical Transcriptionists
- “Legal Issues in Nursing” for the Surgery Department Nursing Staff at Children’s Hospital, St. Louis, Missouri, Lutheran Medical Center School of Nursing, Missouri Baptist Medical Center, and Christian Hospital NE-NW
Community Service & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV® PreeminentTM Peer Review Rating
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers
Personal Injury Medical Malpractice: Defense, 2005-2008, 2010-Present
Top 50 Women, 2006
- Jewish Center for Aged, Board of Directors, 2001-2002
- Jewish Federation of St. Louis, Women’s Connection, Board of Directors, 1994-2010,
Cardozo Society, Co-Chair, 2008-2010
- Saint Louis University Alumni Council, 2000-2003
- Leadership St. Louis, 2000-2001, Advisory Committee Member, 2002-Present
- National Kidney Foundation of Eastern Missouri and Metro East, Inc., Board Member, 1994-2001
Second Vice President, 1996-1997
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Grant Committee, 2006-2007
In the Pink Committee, 2004-2006
- Marian Middle School, Membership Committee, 2008-2010