Stephen G. Reuter
Stephen G. Reuter concentrates his practice in the areas of medical malpractice defense and health law. As an experienced trial attorney, he has successfully defended hospitals, physicians and other health care providers. He was the only attorney to have tried three cases listed among the 20 largest defense verdicts in Missouri for 2004.
Mr. Reuter counsels and advises health care providers on a wide variety of issues. He has represented physicians, dentists, nurses and allied health professionals at hearings before state licensing boards. He is also a frequent lecturer to health care and legal audiences on topics ranging from JCAHO guidelines to trial strategy.
Steve has been selected for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers each year since 2005 in the field of Personal Injury Medical Malpractice: Defense. He earned his J.D. from Texas Tech University School of Law.
- Saint Louis University
- Tenet HealthSystem
Representative Cases or Transactions
- Smith v. Tenet HealthSystem SL, Inc., 436 F.3d 879 (8th Cir. 2006)
- Foster v. Barnes-Jewish Hospital, et al., 44 S.W.3d 432 (Mo. App. E.D. 2001)
Recent Publications or News
- “Litigation and the Group Medical Practice,” presented to the Medical Group Management Association
- “Living Wills and Effecting Appropriate Therapeutic Support Levels,” presented to Des Peres Hospital Nurse Managers and Residents, St. Louis, Missouri
- “The Medicare Lien in Medical Malpractice Litigation,” presented to the Washington University/BJC Healthsystem Defense Counsel Seminar, St. Louis, MO
- “JCAHO – Sentinel Event Policy,” presented to St. Louis Area Risk Managers, St. Louis, MO
- “Hearings Before the Board of Nurse Examiners,” Presented to Tarrant County Nurses Association, Fort Worth, TX
- “Documenting and Effecting Patient Self-Determination,” presented to DFW Medical Center Administration and Grand Prairie Area Nursing Home Administrators
Community Service & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV® PreeminentTM Peer Review Rating
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers
Personal Injury Medical Malpractice: Defense, 2005-Present
- City of Manchester, MO TIF Commission, 2004-2005