Robert E. McWilliams, Jr
Robert E. McWilliams, Jr. possesses a wide range of transactional work experience in diverse areas. He brings to his practice more than 25 years of perspective in advising and performing services for public agency and governmental clients, and private business clients.
Mr. McWilliams regularly advises clients on real estate, public contracts, construction law, commercial law and governance matters. He has been involved in all aspects of multi-million dollar construction projects with extensive experience in counseling public bidding and public purchasing. He has experience in all facets of the purchase and sale of residential, commercial and industrial properties. He has handled various business transactions including purchase, sales and mergers.
Bob earned his J.D. from Saint Louis University School of Law.
Representative Cases or Transactions
- Review and preparation of all documents, and consultation and negotiation, for multiple transactions involving the purchase and sale of nursing home facilities and businesses, including transfers of real property, some involving Section 1031 exchanges, and all other assets, on behalf of a health care client.
- Representation of health care clients in separate merger transactions, one a complex merger arrangement linked with capital funding involving multiple parties and related transactions; the other merger requiring multi-state filings.
- Review, preparation and negotiation of contracts with national contractors on behalf of a public agency for facilities management services, food services management, and bus transportation services in amounts ranging from approximately $50 million to $90 million, as well as sizeable contracts for health benefits services.
- Sale of more than 30 separate properties on behalf of a public agency in all areas of the City of St. Louis, for total sale proceeds in excess of $10 million, and acquisition of in excess of 100 properties, from private and public owners, for the site of a new educational facility.
- Review, preparation and negotiation of leases with communications carriers for placement of towers and equipment for wireless communications services and transmissions.
- Preparation and negotiation of contracts with energy performance contractors and financing documents for a multi-million dollar energy performance contracts covering equipment and energy measures for numerous public educational facilities.
Recent Publications or News
- “Construction Contracting for Public Entities in Missouri,” February 2000
Community Service & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV® PreeminentTM Peer Review Rating