Judith C. Brostron, RN, LL.M.
Judith C. Brostron has more than 25 years of experience advising health care clients in Missouri and Illinois. She has an active trial practice in which she has successfully defended health care providers through jury verdict and appellate practice.
In addition, Ms. Brostron has over 10 years of nursing experience. With her Master’s in health law, she understands the needs of health care providers. She regularly advises her clients on HIPAA and other privacy and confidentiality issues including the Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Act. Her clients include hospitals, nursing homes, long-term care facilities, physicians and nurses.
Judy has been selected for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers in the field of Personal Injury Medical Malpractice: Defense from 2006-2008. She earned her J.D., with honors, from Chicago-Kent College of Law, and her LL.M. in health law from Saint Louis University School of Law.
- Healthcare Services Group
Representative Cases or Transactions
- Kaufman v. Schroeder, 946 N.W.2d 345 (Ill. 2011)
- Kaufman v. Jersey Community Hospital, 919 N.E.2d 1077 (Ill. App. 4th District 2009)
- Gonzalez v. Bi-State Medical Consultants, Inc., 271 S.W.3d 636 (Mo. Ct. App. E.D. 2008)
- Schembre v. Jefferson Memorial Hospital, 239 S.W.3d 123 (Mo. Ct. App. E.D. 2007)
- Buttrey v. Boardwine, 159 S.W.3d 847 (Mo. Ct. App. E.D. 2005)
- Schembre v. Mid America Transplant, 135 S.W.3d 527 (Mo. Ct. App. E.D. 2004)
- Fierstein v. DePaul Health Center, 24 S.W.3d 220 (Mo. Ct. App. E.D. 2000)
- Glastetter v. Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp., 107 F.Supp.2d 1015 (E.D. Mo. 2000)
- State ex rel. DePaul Health Center v. Mummert, 870 S.W.2d 820 (Mo. 1994)
- Smith v. Paslode Corp., 799 F.Supp. 960 (E.D. Mo. 1992)
Recent Publications or News
- “The Conflict of Interest Standard in ERISA Cases: Can It be Avoided in the Denial of High Dose Chemotherapy Treatment for Breast Cancer?” Fall, 1999 edition of the DePaul Journal of Health Care Law
- “COBRA Continuation Coverage and the Plain Reading of the Statute: Geissal v. Moore Medical Corporation” 1999-2000 edition of the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law Journal of Law and Health
- Basic Nursing: Theory and Practice 4th Edition, Authors Patricia A. Potter, Anne G. Perry – published by Mosby in August, 1998, contributing author
- Fundamentals of Nursing 5th Edition, Authors Patricia A. Potter, Anne G. Perry -published by Mosby in August, 2000, contributing author
Community Service & Awards
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers
Personal Injury Medical Malpractice: Defense, 2006-2008
Top 50 Female, 2006
- Leadership St. Louis