James E. McDaniel
James E. McDaniel has engaged in corporate law, labor law for management and litigation defense. He has represented clients in the automobile industry, construction companies, computer industry leaders, insurance carriers, medium-sized manufacturers and smaller service corporations.
Mr. McDaniel is available for consultation. In addition, he can participate with our lawyers in handling a variety of matters.
Jim is listed in Who’s Who in American Law and was a recipient of the Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis Distinguished Lawyer Award. He earned his J.D. from Washington University School of Law.
- General Motors Corporation
- Uniden America Corporation
- Zurich, N.A.
Representative Cases or Transactions
- Jim Lynch Cadillac, Inc. v. General Motors Corp., 964 S.W.2d 560 (Mo. App. E.D. 1998)
- Baker v. Bridgestone/Firestone Co., 966 F.Supp. 874 (W.D. Mo. 1996)
- Threats v. General Motors Corp., 890 S.W.2d 327 (Mo. App. E.D. 1994)
- Empire Bank v. Fidelity & Deposit Co. of Maryland, 27 F.3d 333 (8th Cir. 1994)
- In Re Estate of Morton, 822 S.W.2d 456 (Mo. App. E.D. 1991)
Community Service & Awards
- American Bar Association
Member, Advisory Committee on Law and National Security
Board of Governors, 1997-2000
House of Delegates, 1976-1980, 1984-2000
State Delegate, 1986-1992
Eighth Circuit Representative
ABA Standing Committee on the Federal Judiciary, 1992-1995
- Missouri Bar, President, 1982-1983
- The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
Board of Directors, St. Louis Bar Foundation, 1972-1973
- St. Louis County Bar Association
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- International Association of Insurance Counsel
- Association of Defense Counsel, President, 1967-1968